Just published and purchase your copy today!
- ” Inclusive Sex Education: A Comprehensive Sex Education Guide for Teachers”
- Author: Jamie Cutter, M.A.
This guide addresses the mandates of the California Healthy Youth Act (CHYA) that was passed in 2016 and mandates the teaching of CSE in all middle and high schools. Includes units, lessons and strategies for teachers to use.
The curriculum, based on CHYA, among other topics, must include the following:
- Instruction and materials shall be appropriate for use with pupils of all races, genders, sexual orientations, and ethnic and cultural backgrounds, pupils with disabilities, and English learners.
- Instruction and materials shall affirmatively recognize that people have different sexual orientations and, when discussing or providing examples of relationships and couples, shall be inclusive of same-sex relationships.
- Instruction and materials shall teach pupils about gender, gender expression, gender identity, and explore the harm of negative gender stereotypes.