A day of learning, pride, and celebration especially for elementary school students and their families.
This track of the Queer Youth Summit is for 3rd- 5th graders and their families.
- LGBTQIA+, non-binary, and questioning elementary students
- Kids who have LGBTQIA+ caregivers and/or family members
- Elementary students who are part of or would like to start school clubs for LGBTQIA+ and ally students
- Allies are welcome!
Free Food and Goodies
Make New Friends
Talking about inclusive schools and communities
Saturday, October 8, 2022
9:30 am – 2:00 pm
Watsonville High School, Watsonville
Caregivers must remain onsite during the Summit
Two Options for Parents, Guardians, & Caregivers who’s kids are attending the Glitter Kids Summit:
- Be part of the Glitter Kids Corner!
- All activities and workshops are open to the whole family
- Consider volunteering to lead an activity, tell a story or help with meals.
- Sign up now to volunteer!
- Help make the Glitter Kids Corner a fabulous experience for everyone.
— OR —
- Attend the Parent/Guardian & Adult Allies “Understanding Gender” Summit at the same location, day, and time!
- About the Parent/Guardian & Adult Allies Summit — Parents and allied adults play a crucial role in creating a safe and supportive environment for all young people around their gender. We hope you’ll join us for a day of learning, conversation, and reflection about youth and gender.
- Learn more about the Parent/Guardian Summit and register to attend.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request special exceptions and parent/guardian permission slip if caregivers cannot attend.
Meet the Glitter Kids Corner Planning Committee:
Thank you families of Santa Cruz County!
- The KirkHart family, including Ruby and Alex, alumni of Monarch Elementary School, City of Santa Cruz
- The Chavez Family, including Luka, Alumni at Watsonville Charter School of the Arts, City of Watsonville
- Nancy Willard, Soquel
- The Blume-Lease Family, including Phoenix, of Gault Elementary School, City of Santa Cruz
Glitter Kids Corner is a program of The Safe Schools Project and co-sponsored, in part, by the Santa Cruz County Office of Education (SCCOE) and the Community Foundation of Santa Cruz County (CFSCC). For more information, contact us at CoordinateSummit@gmail.com or (831) 427-4004.
Glitter Kids Corner Flyer Download — JPG & PDF
Please help spread the word by sharing with family, friends, school mates, and fellow community members — help us reach students and families in Monterey, San Benito, & Santa Cruz Counties! Thank you.
Infographic Summit Poster for Instagram — JPG & PDF